THE DAY OF ARAFAH🔸9th of Thul Hijjah
Among the Virtues of the Day of Arafah
In Sahih Muslim, a narration states that the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) was asked about fasting on the Day of Arafah. He said: “It expiates the sins of the previous year and of the coming year.”
✨*Suggestions for the Day of Arafah*
1. Sleep early the night before, to rest before the special day.
2. Wake up well before Fajr, for suhoor.
3. Make wudu, while consciously remembering that your sins are being washed away, down till the last drop of water.
4. Pray a few raka'ahs of Qiyam (night prayer) and make dua for all you want in this life and the hereafter, remember the Muslims around the world, in your sujud.
Cry to Allah (swt) showing Him humility, & ask Him to give you tawfeeq on this great day. Thank Him for making you of those who would experience this special occasion.
5. “And in the hours before dawn they would ask forgiveness,” (Surat Ath-Thariyat)
Spend some time (10-15 min) making Istighfar before Fajr, to be like the righteous whom Allah (awj) described as “seeking forgiveness before dawn.”
6. Repeat after the Fajr athan & make dua.
7. Pray Fajr. Sit in your prayer place and do your morning Athkar, followed by thikr Tasbeeh, Tahleel, Tahmeed, & Takbeer
Increase in saying
لا إله إلا الله وحده لا شريك له ، له الملك ، وله الحمد ، وهو على كل شيء قدير
“la ilaha illa Allah, wahdahu la shareeka lah, lahul mulk wa lahul hamd, wa huwa ala kulli shay’in qadeer.”
8. 15 minutes after sunrise, pray 2 raka'ahs of Shurooq. This all amounts to the reward of a complete Hajj & Umrah. So don't miss out on it!
9. If you’re able to stay awake by all means, do so. Don't waste a single minute.
If you need to sleep, take a nap for an hour or so with the conscious intention of energizing yourself for the worship of Allah, so that even your sleep will be rewarded!
10. When you wake up, make wudu and pray at least 4 raka'ahs of Duha.
11. Then recite lots of Quran and make the thikr mentioned above in breaks in between.
(Make thikr after Duhr as you prepare food or get on with whatever responsibilities are absolutely necessary).
12. After Asr, say the evening athkar. Then recite Quran again till about an hour before Maghrib.
13. At that point, make LOTS of dua till Maghrib comes in, while having yaqeen (certainty) that Allah (awj) will answer. (Preparing a dua list ahead of time helps!)
Beg that the day will not come to an end without Allah (swt) having forgiven you for all of your sins and written you among those He's freed from the Fire. Don’t forget to make dua for the Muslims suffering all over the world.
14. Remember as you break your fast that your dua at that moment is accepted.
May Allah (awj) grant us all tawfeeq on that day. Ameen.
Share with family and friends
The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said: "Whoever directs someone to a good, then he will have the reward equal to the doer of the action" [Sahih Muslim]